Www maine gov labor contact

Www maine gov labor contact DEFAULT

Email Maine Department of Labor

Contact us by Phone or Mail

Mailing Address:
Maine Department of Labor:
54 State House Station
Augusta, ME 04333-0054

Physical Address:
Administrative Office: 45 Commerce Drive, Augusta, Maine Show map
CareerCenter Locations
Rehabilitation Services Offices
SafetyWorks! Safety Training Facility

General Inquiries
(207) 623-7900 / TTY: Maine relay 711

Unemployment Claims
1-800-593-7660 / TTY: Maine relay 711
(Customer service available Mon-Fri, 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.)
Unemployment Tax: (207) 621-5120
(Tax representatives are available Mon-Fri, 8:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. )

Employment Services, CareerCenter, and Foreign Labor Certification
Tel: (207) 623-7981 / TTY: Maine relay 711
CareerCenter Hotline: 1-888-457-8883
Foreign Labor Certification: (207) 623-7900
Local CareerCenter Directories

Labor Standards
(207) 623-7900 / TTY: Maine relay 711
Wage and Hour / Child Labor / Overtime: (207) 623-7900
SafetyWorks: (207) 623-7900
Public Sector Safety Enforcement: (207) 623-7900

Rehabilitation Services
Tel: 1-800-760-1573/ TTY: Maine relay 711
Local Office Directory

Center for Workforce Research and Information
(207) 623-7900 / TTY: Maine relay 711

State of Maine FOAA RequestsContact List

Sours: https://www.maine.gov/labor/contact/index.html

Maine Unemployment

Maine Unemployment Insurance Benefits

The Maine Bureau of Unemployment Compensation operates the state’s unemployment insurance benefits program. The goal is to provide temporary financial assistance to unemployed workers.

These payments are designed to be a bridge for unemployed Maine workers and their families while workers seek new employment.

Maine Unemployment Services

Am I Eligible for Unemployment Benefits in Maine?

While individual eligibility determinations cannot be made outside of an initial claim, in general, to be eligible for state unemployment benefits in Maine, a claimant should meet the following requirements:

  • The claimant lost a job through no fault of his or her own
  • The claimant is actively seeking a new job
  • The claimant is able and available to work, meaning all appropriate child care and transportation arrangements have been made
  • The claimant has sufficient work history and earned income over the immediate past five quarters to be considered monetarily eligible

If you think you may be eligible for unemployment compensation, or you are not sure, the state of Maine strongly encourages you to apply so you can find out for sure.

Benefit Payments and Duration

Base PeriodFirst 4 of the last 5 completed quarters
Alt Base PeriodLast 4 completed quarters
Duration of BenefitsWeekly PaymentMaximum Benefits Amount (1 year)
15-26 weeks$80$462$11,570 - $17,342

How Do I Apply for Unemployment Benefits in Maine?

The easiest way for an unemployed worker to file an initial claim or weekly certification is to do so online.

First, you will sign into your ReEmployME account or create a new account during your first visit to the website. You will need a valid email address to set up your account, and you will be able to follow the clear, step-by-step instructions to either submit an initial claim or reopen an existing UI benefits claim. Once your account is set up, you can use it to check the status of your unemployment claim and to submit your weekly benefits certification.

If you do not have access to the Internet, you also may call 800-593-7660 between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m. Monday through Friday to have someone help you submit your initial UI benefits claim over the phone. But please note that during periods of high volume, you may be placed on hold. Hold times can range from a few minutes to a half-hour. If you are placed on hold, it’s important to stay on the line so that you don’t lose your spot in the queue.

How Do I Manage My Maine Unemployment Benefits?

Each week that you request UI benefits, you must certify your eligibility. This is usually a quick and simple process of answering a few questions and reporting your work search activities for the previous week. Did you receive any offer of employment, for example, and if so, did you accept or decline it? You must also report any earnings for part-time or consulting work.

You can file weekly benefit certifications using the ReEmployME account you set up when submitting your original UI benefits claim. Just select Weekly Certification under Quick Links. You may also file your weekly certification by phone at 800-593-7660.

Even if you choose to submit your weekly certification over the phone, you must still log in to ReEmployME to submit all pertinent information about your weekly work search.

How Do I Appeal a Decision?

Both an employee and the employer have the option of appealing any determination related to your unemployment claim.

You can submit a request for appeal in writing, making sure to include all the following information:

  • Deputy's Decision Number – which should be on your letter of determination
  • Claimant's Social Security Number
  • Benefit Year Ending

The state of Maine asks that you file your request for appeal within 15 calendar days of the mailing date of your decision letter.

You may submit your request for appeal via any of the following methods:

The state of Maine asks that you not send your request for appeal through the U.S. postal service or hand-deliver it to any Maine Department of Labor location.

How Do I Report Fraud?

Collecting unemployment benefits based on giving information is considered unemployment fraud. Unemployment fraud is a crime taken very seriously in Maine, and the state is committed to ensuring that UI benefits end up in the hands of those who truly need them the most.

If you suspect someone of fraudulently collecting unemployment benefits, or of stealing your identity to commit unemployment fraud, you should report your concerns using the state of Maine’s online reporting form.

Maine Unemployment Office Locations

Calais Unemployment OfficeOne College Drive
Calais, ME 04619
Unemployment Office - Hinkley23 Stanley Road
Hinkley, ME 04944
Unemployment Office at Lewiston5 Mollison Way
Lewiston, ME 04240-5805
Unemployment Office at Machias53 Prescott Drive Suite 1
Machias, ME 04654
Portland Unemployment Office151 Jetport Boulevard
Portland, ME 04102
Unemployment Office at Presque Isle66 Spruce Street Suite 1
Presque Isle, ME 04769
Unemployment Office at Rockland91 Camden Street Suite 201
Rockland, ME 04841
York County Unemployment Office9 Bodwell Court
Springvale, ME 04083
Unemployment Office at Wilton865 US Route 2E
Wilton, ME 04294
Sours: https://www.benefits.com
  1. Delta 48 shower wall set
  2. Ky court of appeals decisions
  3. Wii party vs mario party
  4. Sims 3 cheats building restrictions

A table display with pamphlets and brochures from the CareerCenter

  • How to file for Unemployment Insurance?

Call volumes at Unemployment Claims Center can be high early in the week. The best way to file for benefits or to find out the status of your claim is to use the online services located at http://www.maine.gov/labor/unemployment/benefits.html .To reach the Unemployment Claims Center by phone, call 1-800-593-7660 between 8 a.m. and 12:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.

  • The Maine JobLink Registration Requirement for Filing for Unemployment Benefits

Maine unemployment security law requires all individuals filing for Unemployment Insurance benefits to be registered with the Employer Services Program of the state; this is done through Maine JobLink.
As part of the process for filing an unemployment claim, all individuals are being checked for an active and complete JobLink registration. Those who do not have an active or completed JobLink account will be required to register with the Maine JobLink before filing their next claim. Using an active and complete JobLink account is part of the eligibility requirements for unemployment benefits. While you are actively using the JobLink you may continue to file weekly claims for benefits.
More questions regarding filing for unemployment and the Maine Job Link requirement are available at http://www.maine.gov/labor/unemployment/mjl.html

  • How do I register for the Maine JobLink?

Using the Internet from any computer or mobile device (smart phone or tablet), you can register online.  You may also register at any of the CareerCenters in Maine or you may go to your local library and use their Internet service.  For the address and contact information of the CareerCenter nearest you, visit http://www.mainecareercenter.com/locations/index.shtml .

  • How do I find the closest CareerCenter?

For the address and contact information of the CareerCenter nearest you, visit http://www.mainecareercenter.com/locations/index.shtml

  • I am an employer and want to hire at least one employee. How can you help me?

Maine CareerCenters provide a variety of employment and training services at no charge for Maine workers and businesses.  We assist all sizes of employers with recruiting, hiring, training, workforce services and access to labor market information.  Whether your business is growing or downsizing, we can help with job retention, expansion, and creation, as well as help workers who are facing job loss due to downsizing or closures. You may list open positions on Maine JobLink at https://joblink.maine.gov/ada/r/employer

  • How do I sign up for Vocational Rehabilitation Services?

To apply for Vocational Rehabilitation Services, or “VR,” you need to call or visit one of our offices (click here for the BRS Office Directory) to request an application. The completed application and release of information forms must be returned to your local office, once we have received them, the VR counselor can gather information on your disability.

  • I am a veteran; can the CareerCenter help me get a job?

The CareerCenter offers special employment and training services for veterans. If you served in the U.S. Armed Forces, a CareerCenter Representative can help you find a job, obtain new skills, or access other state or federal resources available to veterans.
Veterans or transitioning service members who meet any of the following circumstances should contact your local CareerCenter.

  • You are a veteran with a service connected disability.
  • You are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
  • You are recently separated and unemployed or underemployed.
  • You have less than a high school diploma.
  • You are an offender released in last 12 months.
  • You are low income.
  • You are between the ages of 18 and 24.
  • I am a job seeker or employer interested in training; can someone at the CareerCenter assist me?

Maine CareerCenters provide both workers and businesses access to training services, including some at no charge. Whether you are looking to improve your job qualifications, explore a different profession, find a new career or hire a new employee or train a current employee, the CareerCenter can help.  Contact the CareerCenter at 1-888-457-8883 or TTY: Maine relay 711 for more information.

  • I was laid off from my job and I heard that I might be eligible for training. Is this true and for what could I be eligible?

Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA) and Alternative Trade Adjustment Assistance (ATAA), and Trade Readjustment Allowances (TRA) help trade-affected workers who have lost their jobs as a result of increased imports or shifts in production out of the United States.  Eligibility is determined by the U.S. Department of Labor.
Certified workers may be eligible to receive job search assistance, training, relocation allowances, additional weeks of unemployment benefits and a tax credit on health insurance premiums. ATAA provides eligible workers over the age of 50 with a wage subsidy if they find new employment within 26 weeks of their separation and their new job pays lower wages than did their old job.

If you think you may be eligible for Trade Assistance, please contact the CareerCenter at 1-888-457-8883 or TTY: Maine relay 711 for more information.


Sours: https://www.mainecareercenter.gov/library/faq.shtml
Maine Dept. of Labor - Labor Law Basics, Hourly Employees

Contact Us

Telephone Number for New Claims & Weekly Certifications

  • Toll-Free: 1-800-593-7660 (Customer service available Mon-Fri, 8:00 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.)
  • TTY/Relay for Deaf and hard of hearing: Maine relay 711

Other benefits questions

  • Benefits Services Division, 47 State House Station, Augusta, ME 04333-0047
    • General: 1-800-593-7660 Fax (207) 287-8351
    • Overpayment Collections/Offsets/Fraud: (207) 621-5154
    • Employer Questions re Charges: (207) 621-5120
  • Special Programs Unit, 47 State House Station Augusta ME, 04333-0047
    • Tel:  (207) 621-5101
    • Fax:  (207) 287-3395
  • Mailing Address for Unemployment Claims Center
    • Augusta Claim Center 97 State House Station Augusta, ME 04333-0097 
      Fax: (207) 287-5905 or (207) 626-6231

Employer Services Division (UI taxes)

  • Augusta
    • 47 State House Station, Augusta, ME 04333-0047
    • Phone (207) 621-5120 or Toll Free 844-754-3508
    • Fax (207) 287-3733
    • Email [email protected]
  • Lewiston (207) 753-9088
  • Portland (207) 822-3303
  • Saco (207) 286-2677

Division of Administrative Hearings (DAH)

  • 30 State House Station, Augusta, ME 04333-0030
  • Phone (207) 621-5001
  • Fax (207) 287-5949
  • Email [email protected]

Unemployment Insurance Commission (UIC)

  • 57 State House Station, Augusta, ME 04333-0057
  • Phone (207) 623-6786
  • Fax (207) 287-4554
  • 47 State House Station, Augusta, ME 04333-0047
    • General: (207) 621-5100 Fax (207) 287-8351
    • Overpayment Collections/Offsets: (207) 621-5154
    • Combined Wage Claims and Federal Programs: (207) 626-6225
    • Trade Act, Maine Enterprise Program (MEO): (207) 623-7964
    • Fraud Investigations: (207) 621-5119
    • Employer Questions re Charges: (207) 621-5100

Toll-Free: 1-800-593-7660 (Customer service available Mon-Fri, 8:00 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.)
TTY/Relay for Deaf and hard of hearing: Maine relay 711

  • Mailing Addresses for Unemployment Claims Centers
    • Augusta Claim Center
      97 State House Station
      Augusta, ME 04333-0097
      Fax: (207) 287-5905
    • Special Programs Unit
      47 State House Station
      Augusta ME, 04333-0047
      Tel: (207) 621-5101
      Fax: (207) 287-339

For technical assistance, please contact the Work Search and Technical Support line at 207-623-6765, Mon-Fri, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Sours: https://www.maine.gov/unemployment/contact/

Contact gov www maine labor

" Today I feel very bad and in all my. Twenty-eight years I have never tasted anything stronger than kefir. But the events that have recently taken place have forced me to try to fill that nagging, oppressive pain somewhere inside. I heard somewhere that vodka helps to numb the pain of the soul.

Earned Paid Leave Info Session

And she tried to feel the taste of love as long as possible. Don't hurry up and don't move, I will serve you, she whispered hotly. This is the temple of love, he thought, and there is no more sacred temple in this world.and in life not everyone has access to it.

Now discussing:

Valerka burst through the door, and from the opposite side of the tavern Danka broke a window and found himself on the balcony. The friends were also armed. Danka jumped from the balcony onto the wheel chandelier and swayed down onto the table in the middle of the hall.

1797 1798 1799 1800 1801