Used Lexus RX350 review: 2009-2010
NEW - The rise of the SUV has been remarkable. It's not that long ago that families were given little choice in what they drove, it basically came down to a large sedan or an even larger station wagon.
Today there is an amazing choice with every carmaker jumping on the SUV bandwagon. The SUV craze started with an idea that you could have a station wagon that would be handy around town, but come into its own when the black top ran out. That idea soon faded, but the appeal of the SUV has boomed. Instead of beating around the bush, the vast majority of SUVs stay within the city limits, and that's just fine with their owners.
They never really wanted to see the Outback anyway. What they did want was a wagon that afforded them a view of the road they got with an off-roader, and the safety they perceived they had with a large wagon. Enter the SUV. Today's SUV, such as the Lexus RX350, come with all the bells and whistles. There's nothing you can't have with them.
The RX350 was a heavily revamped version of the RX launched back in 2003, and was conceived to rival the likes of the BMW X5, Mercedes- Benz ML350, and the Audi Q7. It begins with a reasonably attractive wagon with slick lines and smooth shapes, with the choice of three levels of equipment starting with the Prestige and climbing through the Sports to the ultimate Sports Luxury.
The 3.5-litre V6 engine was improved and now put out 204 kW and 346 Nm, and was linked to a new six-speed auto with sequential shifting. Overall the RX350 used a little less fuel, a good thing because it used the more expensive Premium Unleaded.
Final drive was an on-demand all-wheel drive system, which means it was a front-driver most of the time, until it felt the front wheels slipping when drive was dispatched rearward to correct the situation. While all that's comforting SUVs are more about comfort and convenience, and the level of clever gear they pack is as important to buyers as anything else.
Comfort is well taken care of with power seats, a folding rear seat, and a power tailgate takes care of the convenience. As for equipment there isn't much that the RX350 doesn't have, if there's anything at all. On the road the RX350 drives much like a car, it handles well, rides comfortably and boasts plenty of zip when the right pedal is depressed.
With the RX350 being launched just three years ago the earliest will be showing around 50,000 km on the odometer, which makes it an ideal choice for those buyers who are happy to buy second hand and avoid the depreciation that comes with a new car. Those early RX350s will be coming off lease around now, which adds to the attraction of buying now.
We have had virtually no reports from owners with any complaints about the car, which suggests they are a contented lot. That's good news for those about to step into RX ownership. Look for a service record, which shouldn't be an issue on such a new car.
Also make the usual visual checks of the bodywork looking for any signs of a crunch that might detract from a car's appeal. Be aware that the RX350 requires Premium unleaded petrol, which will bump up running costs.
Well built, solid SUV with all the bells and whistles. Should be on your shopping list.
Lexus RX350 2009-2010
Price new: from $82,990
Engine: 3.5-litre 6-cylinder, 204kW/346Nm
Transmission: 6-speed auto AWD
Economy: 10.8 L/100 km, CO2 254 g/km
Variants: Prestige, Sport, Sport Luxury
Safety: 4-star ANCAP
Used Lexus RX review: 2003-2015
Lexus RX has been a huge success for the upmarket Japanese marque since its launch in Australia in April 2003. More a high riding station wagon than a 4WD it has mild to medium off-road ability in its AWD versions, though very few owners ever take advantage of it.
The introduction of the fourth generation RX series in November 2015 has created a lot of interest and many owners have traded up to one. Thus creating a rush on secondhand ones which are taking up too much space in the used car lots. If you're quick you might be able to pick up one of these at a lower than usual price. No promises, though...
By the way, though this is the fourth generation RX, the first-generation was only sold in the USA.
As the gen-four is still too new to comment on in this used-car piece we won't cover it here, other than to say it's on a longer wheelbase than the third series so legroom in the back is better than in previous models.
Lexus is famed for its refinement and quiet, smooth running. Upmarket materials and the quality of fit and finish inside was good right from the start, yet has reached even higher levels in subsequent models.
Interior room is good for two adults and three kids in the first RXs sold here, but the next model was significantly better and two adults in the rear works nicely. Three preteen children will fit in comfort.
We have heard of no real complaints about cost or availability of routine spare parts
Boot space is reasonable, but the stylish slope of the rear window means bulky items often won't fit.. The back seat has a 40/20/40 split to improve matters.
The third generation Lexus RX was introduced in February 2009 and was virtually all-new. It received a modest facelift in July 2012. It saw the introduction of a four-cylinder engine as well as 2WD (the front wheels) for the first time.
Most Lexus RXs are powered by a twin-cam V6 petrol engine, with a capacity of 3.0 litres in the 330 and 3.5 litres in the RX350. The engine sat beside a five-speed automatic transmission in the gen-two car. The all-new 2009 model saw it lifted to six-speed unit.
Lexus has long been strong in the petrol-electric hybrid field with all of its models. The RX is certainly no exception and since October 2006 an electric motor has been offered in combination with the petrol. Look for a lower-case ‘h' in the model name, for example Lexus RX400h. Note that it doesn't have a 4.0-litre petrol engine, it's actually 3.3 litres, but Lexus calculates it has the performance of a 4.0-litre petrol engine.
Lexus dealers are mainly in metropolitan areas of capital cities and major regional and country locations. Should you need work done in other areas some top Toyota mechanics have been trained in Lexus work.
Service and repair costs are about average for an SUV in this upmarket class and we have heard of no real complaints about cost or availability of routine spare parts.
Insurance charges don't vary significantly between major companies, but it may be worth shopping around.
What to look for
High build quality means that troubles are unusual, but these are complex machines and we recommend a professional inspection after you've completed your initial once over.
Look for a smoking exhaust on a high-mileage engine. It will be at its worst when the engine is worked hard.
Check the automatic transmission is all but unnoticed in its actions unless you're accelerating hard.
Look over the interior and boot carefully because the RX is popular in the Mums' taxi cohort.
Body damage indicating mild to moderate off-road use is most likely to be on the bumper corners, sill panels and scratches on the doors.
We and our other 3rd parties store and/or access information on your device, mostly in the form of cookies, and process your data for the different purposes listed below. The information stored doesn't include personal details, and is used to uniquely identify a browser or internet device to give you a more personalised web experience.
You can choose to allow cookies for the different purposes and advertising vendors we work with using the IAB's Transparency and Consent Framework. Click on the different categories to find out more. You can change your mind at any time by clicking on "Cookie Settings" located on every page. Privacy and Cookie Notice.
Manage Consent Preferences
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site, and will not be able to monitor its performance.
These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
These cookies and other web tracking technologies have been identified from a recent scan of our website to provide you with the most information about what is stored on your device. They are set through our site by us, our advertising partners or by other advertisers to display and measure personalised adverts and content. This also includes social media functionality on our site. Some are used to build a profile of your interests and display relevant adverts on this and other sites. Please see the IAB Advertising Vendors section below to select what our advertising partners can do.
Our advertising vendors use the IAB's Transparency and Consent Framework to check and honour your permission to use your personal data for the following list of purposes.
Store and/or access information on a device
- Store and access information on the device such as cookies and device identifiers presented to a user.
Select basic ads
To do basic ad selection vendors can:
- Use real-time information about the context in which the ad will be shown, to show the ad, including information about the content and the device, such as: device type and capabilities, user agent, URL, IP address
- Use a user’s non-precise geolocation data
- Control the frequency of ads shown to a user.
- Sequence the order in which ads are shown to a user.
- Prevent an ad from serving in an unsuitable editorial (brand-unsafe) context
- Create a personalised ads profile using this information for the selection of future ads.
- N.B. Non-precise means only an approximate location involving at least a radius of 500 meters is permitted.
Create a personalised ads profile
To create a personalised ads profile vendors can:
- Collect information about a user, including a user's activity, interests, demographic information, or location, to create or edit a user profile for use in personalised advertising.
- Combine this information with other information previously collected, including from across websites and apps, to create or edit a user profile for use in personalised advertising.
Select personalised ads
To select personalised ads vendors can:
- Select personalised ads based on a user profile or other historical user data, including a user’s prior activity, interests, visits to sites or apps, location, or demographic information.
Create a personalised content profile
To create a personalised content profile vendors can:
- Collect information about a user, including a user's activity, interests, visits to sites or apps, demographic information, or location, to create or edit a user profile for personalising content.
- Combine this information with other information previously collected, including from across websites and apps, to create or edit a user profile for use in personalising content.
Select personalised content
To select personalised content vendors can:
- Select personalised content based on a user profile or other historical user data, including a user’s prior activity, interests, visits to sites or apps, location, or demographic information.
Measure ad performance
To measure ad performance vendors can:
- Measure whether and how ads were delivered to and interacted with by a user
- Provide reporting about ads including their effectiveness and performance
- Provide reporting about users who interacted with ads using data observed during the course of the user's interaction with that ad
- Provide reporting to publishers about the ads displayed on their property
- Measure whether an ad is serving in a suitable editorial environment (brand-safe) context
- Determine the percentage of the ad that had the opportunity to be seen and the duration of that opportunity
- Combine this information with other information previously collected, including from across websites and apps
- Apply panel- or similarly-derived audience insights data to ad measurement data without a Legal Basis to apply market research to generate audience insights (Purpose 9)
Measure content performance
To measure content performance vendors can:
- Measure and report on how content was delivered to and interacted with by users.
- Provide reporting, using directly measurable or known information, about users who interacted with the content
- Combine this information with other information previously collected, including from across websites and apps.
- Measure whether and how ads (including native ads) were delivered to and interacted with by a user.
- Apply panel- or similarly derived audience insights data to ad measurement data without a Legal Basis to apply market research to generate audience insights (Purpose 9)
Apply market research to generate audience insights
To apply market research to generate audience insights vendors can:
- Provide aggregate reporting to advertisers or their representatives about the audiences reached by their ads, through panel-based and similarly derived insights.
- Provide aggregate reporting to publishers about the audiences that were served or interacted with content and/or ads on their property by applying panel-based and similarly derived insights.
- Associate offline data with an online user for the purposes of market research to generate audience insights if vendors have declared to match and combine offline data sources (Feature 1)
- Combine this information with other information previously collected including from across websites and apps.
- Measure the performance and effectiveness of ads that a specific user was served or interacted with, without a Legal Basis to measure ad performance.
- Measure which content a specific user was served and how they interacted with it, without a Legal Basis to measure content performance.
Develop and improve products
To develop new products and improve products vendors can:
- Use information to improve their existing products with new features and to develop new products
- Create new models and algorithms through machine learning
- Conduct any other data processing operation allowed under a different purpose under this purpose
Ensure security, prevent fraud, and debug
To ensure security, prevent fraud and debug vendors can:
- Ensure data are securely transmitted
- Detect and prevent malicious, fraudulent, invalid, or illegal activity.
- Ensure correct and efficient operation of systems and processes, including to monitor and enhance the performance of systems and processes engaged in permitted purposes
- Conduct any other data processing operation allowed under a different purpose under this purpose.
Technically deliver ads or content
To deliver information and respond to technical requests vendors can:
- Use a user’s IP address to deliver an ad over the internet
- Respond to a user’s interaction with an ad by sending the user to a landing page
- Use a user’s IP address to deliver content over the internet
- Respond to a user’s interaction with content by sending the user to a landing page
- Use information about the device type and capabilities for delivering ads or content, for example, to deliver the right size ad creative or video file in a format supported by the device
- Conduct any other data processing operation allowed under a different purpose under this purpose
Match and combine offline data sources
- Combine data obtained offline with data collected online in support of one or more Purposes or Special Purposes.
Link different devices
- Deterministically determine that two or more devices belong to the same user or household
- Probabilistically determine that two or more devices belong to the same user or household
- Actively scan device characteristics for identification for probabilistic identification if users have allowed vendors to actively scan device characteristics for identification (Special Feature 2)
Receive and use automatically-sent device characteristics for identification
- Create an identifier using data collected automatically from a device for specific characteristics, e.g. IP address, user-agent string.
- Use such an identifier to attempt to re-identify a device.
- Create an identifier using data collected via actively scanning a device for specific characteristics, e.g. installed font or screen resolution without users’ separate opt-in to actively scanning device characteristics for identification.
- Use such an identifier to re-identify a device.
This reason, they changed the author, although I wrote them NIK911. Well, okay, I'll write a continuation of what has passed three years later. Over time, our families decided to give birth to children, since the birth of a child is always a joy. Naturally, each from her husband, and so it happened.
Lexus 350 review rx used
Victor, Anton and Kostya have separated. Anton was telling something. Ilya listened. We took a German town, so cozy, almost intact. my dear son-in-law.The 2nd Gen Lexus RX 350 is A Solid Used Luxury Bargain
Here. This is called the walls of the vagina. Sergei's trembling fingers drove along the inner surface of the woman's bosom. "Oh. " Svetlana Anatolyevna moaned in a whisper, trying to hold the boy's hand by force when he pulled her back.
You will also be interested:
- Which graph represent a function
- Country landscapes clear lake iowa
- Minecraft school map with houses
- Minecraft bedrock edition nether update
- Mini golf fredericksburg, tx
- Dog training allen, tx
- Sc dss approved parenting classes
- Chi health urgent care omaha
- Pictures of super sonic exe
- Shower curtain 50 x 72
- Craftsman weed eater carburetor replacement
Tomorrow we will go to Bryansk. And I will lock you in my apartment. The three of us will live with me. And the crazy Marina, let her go to the swamp to the ghosts.