19 Glass Gem Garden Art Craft Projects
There are so many crafts you can make with glass gems (flat marbles) for the home, garden, or fashion accessories (I’m not kidding). If you like some color or bling in your crafts, you will probably find some ideas and inspiration here.
For more garden art tutorials, also see the top creative garden projects of the year.
Free Glass Gem Project Ideas
Most of the projects listed below also have tutorials/instructions.
I have also listed sources for supplies including glass gems here.
1Projects for The Garden
1. Decorative Garden Balls | The modern day version of the gazing ball, covered in flat marbles.
2. Frog Prince | A spin-off of the decorative garden ball gets a crown and a big smile.
3. Garden Art Treasure Jars | This is both a craft and an activity for kids.
2Indoor or Outdoor Decor Projects
4. Faux Stained-Glass Windows | This one is by Mark Montano.
5. Little Sparkling Windows | Attach glass gems and beads to the glass of a picture frame.
3More Garden Art Ideas Using Glass Gems
6. Marbles in Your Fence | Add bling to fence holes by inserting colorful marbles
7. Painted Plates Garden Art | Make garden flowers from plates (with marbles for decoration). I also have free instructions for garden flowers from dishes here.
8. Garden Stepping Stones | Use glass gems (flat marbles) instead of beach glass if you don’t have any.
9. Dragonfly | Make a garden art dragonfly using an old ceiling fan.
10. Glass Marble Fridge Magnets | Get some flat marbles, magnets, and Mod Podge and you’re good to go
11. Wire-wrapped Marble Tutorial | You can use these as decorations on their own or add them to items like the garden chandelier.
12. Glass Gem Garden Bench | Example of a concrete bench embellished with glass gems (image only)
Glass Gem Craft Supplies
- I always like to find used / unwanted items for my projects and have good luck finding bags of glass gems at the thrift stores.
- You could also check online ads like Kijiji or Craigslist in case someone is getting rid of some.
- Otherwise, you can also find them at craft supply stores, dollar stores, Etsy, eBay, or Amazon.
- If you are planning a large or group project, or want specific colors that are hard to find, there are also sellers online who sell them in bulk.
The number one question people ask is What adhesive do you use to attach the glass gems?
For all of my glass gem projects I use GE Silicone II sealant (waterproof, clear-drying). Yes, it’s sold as a sealant to use around windows and doors, but, when applied 1/8″ thick, works like a glue, grabbing the marbles. You apply the sealant and press the glass gems into it while it’s wet.
GE II Silicone Sealant | Amazon
As it dries, it sets up and holds the marbles in place. I have decorative garden balls that have been in my garden for over ten years (year round—in Canada) and only a few marbles have ever fallen off in that whole time. It really works.
If you want to know more, there’s a FAQ page here telling what you need to know to be sure things stick.
E6000 is also popular with garden art makers. I sometimes find it is too runny and can be much more expensive than the silicone, but it does work nicely for some projects.
Safety Note: No matter which adhesive product you use, read the entire label for any health or safety considerations, and follow the instructions for application tips and drying times.
Also see The Glue Resource Guide for Garden Art Projects for more adhesive options.
4Indoor Crafts Using Glass Gems
13. Kid’s Sun Catcher | Yogurt lid and gems
14. Glass Gem Sun Catchers | Tutorial for making sun catchers with glass gems
15. Door Wreathe | This is an image without a tutorial but may give you an idea for your home
16. Glass Gem Initial | Cover a wood cut-out in flat marbles (image only)
17. Glass Gem Bookmark | A very simple craft. Could be fun to make custom gems (like the fridge magnets) and make them into bookmarks. (image only)
5Fashion Accessory Crafts Using Glass Gems
18. Flip Flops | Add flat marbles to your flip flops to make them unique with marbles
19. Glass Gem Necklace | Yes, you could wear them this way.
Subscribe to the creative newsletter! Click here to sign up.
Also, if you do a search for ‘glass gem crafts’ on Pinterest, there are lots more ideas.
~Melissa the Empress of Dirt ♛
Grab some glass pebbles. Here are 8+ nifty projects going viral
You know those cheap glass pebbles that they sell in bulk at craft stores? Well, there are tons of ways to use them to create something beautiful. And the best part is that these crafts will add a little glitz to your home without breaking the bank.
So head to the craft store and pick up a bunch of these babies! With a list of 10 ways to use these glass pebbles, you'll be ready to get crafting!
1. Glass magnets
Spice up your refrigerator door with these cuties! This project from Stampin Fool turns glass pebbles into fun magnets with patterned paper.
2. Mosaic window pane
For this project, you'll need a ton of glass pebbles, a window pane, some grout, and a whole lot of patience to lay down each pebble. But the final result is stunning, especially when the sun shines through your windows!
3. Ladybug vs. bumblebee tic-tac-toe
How cute is this tic-tac-toe board?! Make your own by drawing four crossing lines on a piece of wood. Now, decorate some glass pebbles with paint to make them look like bumblebees and ladybugs. Your kiddos will love this version of the classic game!
4. Beach art
You don't need to have any artistic ability to make this beachy scene using a few different colors of glass pebbles and some attention to detail.
5. Alcohol ink pendant
Turn those glass pebbles into an adorable pendant. Make a bunch and switch out colors so you can always match your outfit, or make them gifts for your girlfriends!
6. Wine bottle pendant lamp
This classy lamp is so cheap and easy to make that you could do several and hang them in a row to create dramatic lighting above a bar or kitchen island.
7. Garden markers
Keep your veggies straight with these super cute garden markers that help you remember what you planted and where! We think this could be a fun craft to do with kiddos, too!
8. Sun catcher
If you have a window in your home that has lots of natural light streaming through, make a "sun catcher" out of glass gems to make the light a little more interesting.
9. Mason jar nightlight
This cute and sparkling nightlight is perfect for your little one's room. They can even help you make it!
10. Conversation-starter stones
This is perhaps the most creative DIY project we've seen using glass pebbles! Make your own set of conversation-starters that you can use at family dinners, parties, or even for a fun icebreaker to open up meetings at work.
Resources Banner Image CreditSours: http://diyeverywhere.com/2017/04/30/10-creative-ways-to-use-cheap-glass-pebbles-/
- Pictures of dog man characters
- Watch gomorrah movie online free
- Is stylewe a legitimate company
- Slice of life action anime
- How to take tumblr pics
Glass gems are great for crafts and DIY projects because they are inexpensive, so they are perfect for the days when you are unsure what to do. You can use them to create beautiful jewelry pieces, add them to your art project, or use them to fill vases and create mesmerizing center pieces. The possibilities are endless! In this article we’ve rounded up some of our favorite DIY projects using glass gems. Check them out and get inspired to make something cool yourself!
1 Glass Gem Wall Art
Tutorial via Rosyscription
2 Glass Gem Garden Markers
Tutorial via Woojr
3 Sun Catchers
Tutorial via Suzy’s Sitcom
4 Glass Gem Garden Gazing Ball
Tutorial via Make the Best of Things
5 Glass Gem Flower Pot
Tutorial via Busy Hands
6 Mosaic Art Stepping Stones
Tutorial via Mom Always Finds Out
7 Glass Gem Candle Holder
Tutorial via Creatively Sam’s
8 Glass Gem Backsplash
Tutorial via Small Home Soul
9 Glass Gem Photo Frames
Tutorial via Ruffles & Stuff
10 Patriotic Glass Gem Coasters
Tutorial via Craft Shack Chronicles
11 Glass Gem Magnets
Tutorial via Family Focus Blog
12 Sparkly Winter Wreath
Tutorial via Yankee New England Magazine
13 Glass Gem Bib Necklace
Tutorial via Rosyscription
14 Glass Gem Wine Bottle Pendant Lamps
Tutorial via iLoveToCreate
15 Glass Gem Bracelet
Tutorial via DIY Network
There are plenty craft projects you can make with glass gems. Glass gems are inexpensive and you can find them at dollar stores, Amazon or eBay. Here’s a list of 20 glass gem crafts, which you can easily DIY. Below every photo you will find a link to the tutorial.
1. Glass Gem Suncatcher
Tutorial at SubscriptionBoxRamblings
2. DIY Photo Pendant
Tutorial at SarahSaving
3. DIY Alcohol Ink Glass Gem Necklace
Tutorial at SarahJanesCraftBlog
4. DIY Up Cycled Glass Bottle Lights
Tutorial at Hometalk
5. DIY Glass Gem Magnets
Tutorial at FamilyFocusBlog
6. DIY Glass Gem Photo Frames
Tutorial at Ruffles&Stuff
7. Glass Gem Tiled Table
Tutorial at Rosyscription
8. DIY Glass Marble Necklace
Tutorial at ConsumerCrafts
9. Glass Gem Sun Catchers Kids Can Make
Tutorial at KidsActivitiesBlog
10. DIY Decorative Garden Ball
Tutorial at EmpressofDirt
11. DIY Marble Vase
Tutorial at Addicted2Decorating
12. DIY Glass Marbles in The Fence
Tutorial at GardenDrama
13. DIY Glitter Gems & Magnets
Tutorial at ColorMadeHappy
14. DIY Wine Bottle Pendant Lamps
Tutorial at ILoveToCreateBlog
15. DIY Glass Beads Rock Bowl
Tutorial at VeryFondOf
16. DIY Dresser Mirror
Tutorial at Create&Babble
17. DIY Glass Gem Flower Pot
Tutorial at BusyHandsArt
18. DIY Plant Markers
Tutorial at Woojr
19. Beachy Glass Gem Wall Art
Tutorial at Rosyscription
20. DIY Glass Gem Votive Holder
Tutorial at ArrowFastener
Ideas glass gems with decorating
Now he starts crying and biting his hands. And as a saving beacon, the thought arises: "Madame Pauline!" Instead of his mother, he must call her. But the hostess does not come to the call. The screams became more and more desperate, then turned into a quiet sobbing. He did not take food, throwing the tray somewhere in the corner, turned into a frightened, whining creature.25 + Beautiful and Amazing Glass Gems Craft ideas -- 2020 Gorgeous Glass Gem Craft ideas
Being short and rather full-bodied, not standing out with particularly delicate features and not having a figure that could cause general male admiration, she nevertheless dressed, put on shoes and picked. Up jewelry with accessories in such a way that she attracted attention not with extravagance, but with eleganceand always looked harmonious and attractive.
In any case, for those who appreciate not a fresh first drink that immediately hits the brain, but a matured, noble wine, the shades of which are gradually revealed. Along the male line, from the father of the old school partykhozaparatchik, Ingrid inherited, alas, the qualities that do not adorn a woman's most: peremptoryness in.
- Toy story 3 game play
- Call of duty gunsmith app
- Best ever pad coupon code
- Best amazon under eye patches
- C spire fiber outage map
- 2019 mercedes metris cargo van
- Luxury vehicle best sedan 2019
- Local 16 heat and frost
- 2006 f150 catalytic converter replacement
- One bedroom apartments bozeman mt
Then took the head into his mouth and began to suck. Andrei groaned with pleasure. Lenka hugged him by the ass and put her mouth on his pussy.