Best Hard Tonneau Covers For 2021
For work or play, a pickup truck is likely the handiest tool you own. But the cargo and gear you carry in its bed are vulnerable to weather damage and theft. Any good tonneau cover (aka truck-bed cover) will shield your stuff from rain, snow, wind and sunlight, as well as prying eyes. But a hard tonneau–typically made of aluminum or composite–can keep it more physically secure than a soft vinyl cover (see the FAQs).
Tonneau covers come in many different designs, from simple roll-up and folding models to higher-end retractable designs, with a wide range of prices. In this review, we’re looking at the best hard covers, which provide more protection but are usually pricier than soft tonneaus. Because each model comes in different versions to fit specific truck-bed designs, the prices vary. Here, we’re showing each model’s starting price, but the one for your truck may be higher. Tonneau covers are also easy do-it-yourself installations, which typically require no drilling or alterations to your truck bed.
Best Overall: Gator FX3
Why We Picked It:
The Gator FX3 is an upgraded version of the Gator FX, one of the best-selling tonneau covers. This folding cover is constructed of sturdy aluminum panels with a polymer top surface that’s more resistant to scratches, dents, and heat than all-metal panels. To open the bed, the panels easily flip forward, and, unlike many tri-fold designs, they can be secured upright against the cab’s rear window to allow full-bed access while driving. The FX3 is easy to open from either side of the bed, and it automatically latches when closed without having to open the tailgate.
- Cover can be supported upright while driving for full-bed access
- Automatically latches when closed without opening the tailgate
- Supports up to 300 pounds on top when evenly distributed
- More expensive than other hard-folding tonneau covers
- Blocks view out the rear window when supported upright
- Two-year warranty is less than other models
Best for Tight Budgets: Tonno Pro Hard Fold
Why We Picked It:
If you want the protection of a hard cover but are willing to forego the latest features for a lower price, we recommend this Tonno Pro model. Its tri-fold design makes it quick and easy to open and close, and its aluminum panels are overlaid with a marine-grade vinyl covering.
- One of the least expensive hard covers we’ve seen
- Supports up to 350 pounds on top, when evenly distributed
- Lifetime warranty
- Like most tri-fold designs, when folded up, the cover still covers the front third of the truck bed
- It needs to be removed to allow full-bed access while driving
- Lacks the ease of the latest latching designs
Best Hard Rolling Cover: BAK Revolver X2
Why We Picked It:
This tonneau combines the protection of a hard cover with the advantages of a roll-up design. It’s easy to open while letting you use the full truck bed while driving without blocking the rear window. It uses a vinyl covering over aluminum slats. And, unlike other hard roll-ups, the Revolver X2 doesn’t rely on a hook-and-loop closure system along the sides. Instead, an inner frame rail automatically secures the cover along the entire length of the bed when the tailgate is closed, providing extra security. With the tailgate down, it can also be opened from either side of the bed.
- Allows use of the full bed when rolled up and doesn’t block the rear window
- Automatically latches at the rear without having to open the tailgate
- Supports up to 400 pounds on top, when evenly distributed
- Vinyl cover material doesn’t look as nice as the all-aluminum slats on some higher-priced roll-up covers
- Available only in a semi-gloss finish
- Some users say that getting the cover aligned properly during installation is critical for best performance
Best Retractable Cover: RetraxOne MX
Why We Picked It:
A retractable cover is super easy to open and close, is more versatile than folding or rolling designs, and allows full use of the bed while driving without blocking the rear window. This model uses a one-piece polycarbonate construction that’s claimed to work in extreme temperatures from -50 to 200 degrees F. An integrated key lock at the rear lets you open it without needing to open the tailgate, and lock it at any point along the bedrail. The cover also automatically latches when closed without opening the tailgate. Covered by a one-year full warranty, followed by a limited lifetime warranty.
- Easily and quickly retracts to allow access to the full bed
- Can be manually locked in any position along the bed rail
- Supports up to 200 pounds on top, when evenly distributed
- More expensive than most folding and roll-up hard covers
- All-aluminum versions can support more weight
- Only available with a matte finish
Best for Maximum Convenience: GatorTrax Electric
Why We Picked It:
An electric retractable tonneau is hands-down the easiest type to use. You simply press a button on a key fob to open or close it. The cover retracts into a canister at the front of the bed, allowing full-bed access. You can also stop the cover at any point along the bed rails and it will remain locked, thanks to an electromagnetic brake. You can also use the fob to control an LED cargo light integrated into the canister. This model is constructed of a strong polycarbonate material with embedded aluminum support rods. Available with a matte or gloss finish. Three-year warranty.
- Easily opened or closed by pressing a key fob
- Cover can be electrically locked in any position
- Supports up to 500 pounds on top, when evenly distributed
- More expensive than non-powered tonneau covers (but less than many other electrics)
- Installation is more involved than non-powered tonneaus
- Some people prefer the look of the all-aluminum slats used in some higher priced models
- Fits 2009 - 2018, 2019/20 Classic Dodge Ram 1500/2500/3500 8' Bed (96.3")
- ULTRA-TOUGH PANELS | Solid Fold 2.0 is a hard folding truck bed cover armed with lightweight, automotive grade polymer panels. Dent and scratch resistant, and takes UV rays like a champ. From cinder blocks to groceries, these panels can handle it all.
- ARRIVES FULLY ASSEMBLED | The whole cover comes completely put together allowing for a quick and easy install. Tighten the two cab clamps to your truck bed, unfold the cover to the tailgate & pull down on the EZ-Lock tailgate clamps to lock in place.
- Fits 2009-2018, 2019-21 Classic Dodge Ram 5' 7" Bed (67.4")
- ULTIMATE SECURITY | The BAKFlip MX4 tonneau cover has durable aluminum panels that automatically latch as the cover is partially or fully closed, and is fully locked once your tailgate is closed
- STYLISH MATTE FINISH | Featuring matte-finished aluminum panels, protecting against marks, scratches and UV damage; as well as premium upgrades to the perimeter seals and hardware. This heavy-duty, all-season truck bed cover is designed to perform in extreme conditions
- FITMENT: DNA MOTORING Hard Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover Compatible with 04-14 Ford F150. This Upgrade Unit Perfect Fit with 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 with 5.5 - 5.6 Feet Fleetside Bed.
- PLUG & PLAY: Easy to Install With Included Clamps. Adjustable Tension for the Perfect Fit. Less than 70 Lbs Weight to Help to Save Gas but Strong and Durable. No Need to Cut or Drill into the Truck Bed, the Preassembled Unit Making the Installation Easier than Ever.
- INCREASE SPEED & SAVE GAS: Increases Trucks Aerodynamics at Speed. Gas Saving Benefit from a Covered Bed. Locking Strap to Secure Cover while Folded Up and Driving. Rubberized Edges to Seal.
- 【QUAD FOLD DESIGN】OEDRO truck bed tonneau cover is compatible with 2002-2018 Dodge Ram 1500; 2019 2020 2021 1500 classic & new body style; 2003-2021 Ram 2500 3500 | Fleetside 6'4" / 76.3" bed without Ram Box.
- 【MORE STURDY】OEDRO’s quad-fold bed cover has four built-in horizontal crossbars offering support when fully unfolded the cover and saving more space when folded up.
- 【HEAVY DUTY MATERIAL】 Composed of double layer PVC, OEDRO’s tonneau cover has been thoroughly tested for UV protection and superior tensile properties. Pre-assembled powder coated rails and aluminum clamps are included for trouble-free installation and formidable stability.
Forbes Wheels compared the features, specs, and pricing of almost a hundred tonneau covers; reviewed evaluations by other critics and end users; and drew on our own experiences with a wide range of different covers. The five models selected here represent the best overall values in this category for truck owners with different needs.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions):
Do tonneau covers deter theft?
All tonneau covers conceal a truck bed’s cargo from onlookers, which is a good deterrent in itself. But most depend on the truck’s tailgate being locked to prevent someone physically accessing your gear. That’s because the release latches are located under the cover near the tailgate.
Soft covers are also inherently more vulnerable to theft than hard covers because they can be cut open with a sharp implement. And covers sealed with Velcro or another hook-and-loop fastener, such as roll-up covers, can often be separated enough on the sides to allow someone to look inside.
Covers secured with snaps are typically the most vulnerable, which is why we don’t recommend any. Conversely, some one-piece hinged hard-shell tonneaus are the most secure because their design prevents the tailgate from being opened. But they are also expensive, heavy, and harder to use than the covers highlighted here.
2015 - 2018 Ford F150 Tonno Pro Hard Fold Tonneau Cover
| This Ford F150 Tonno Pro Hard Fold Tonneau Cover fits the following vehicles:|
2015 - 2018 Ford F150
Includes 4 Free Gifts ($69 value!) Free Sure Seal tailgate seal, TonnoTorch LED bed light, Pro Clean vinyl cleaner, and PVC non-slip truck work gloves.
Tonno Pro Tonneau Covers provide unmatched quality & affordability! The Tonno Pro Tonno Hard Fold Tri-Folding Tonneau Cover comes completely assembled with installation taking about 10 minutes or less, no tools or drilling required! Made of an extremely tough 6063 aluminum three panel underbody frame that is covered with the industrys highest standard 24 oz. tear-resistant, double sided, marine grade teralyne vinyl with proprietary black textured finish, this impact resistant cover performs wonderfully in snow, rain and hail.
To open the Hard Fold, simply unclamp the EZ lock handles and fold it forward. The nylon straps hold the cover in the open position when you need to haul your cargo. Weight rated to 350 pounds, the Hard Fold won't scuff or dent like other all aluminum hard fold covers. Weather-tite Q Seal, front flap and coated stitching (with more stitches per inch than other covers) keep your cargo dry.
Engineered with our patent-pending design to hold up to the toughest environments, the Tonno Pro Hard Fold simply is the best all-around hard tri-folding cover in the market. Plus, its low profile design looks great on any truck! The Hard Fold truck bed cover carries an industry best warranty of 10 years on the vinyl and lifetime on the frame. You may even experience gas savings of 10 to 13% so your cover could eventually pay for itself.
This item ships to addresses in the Continental USA only.
- Gta 5 ps4 special vehicles
- Does enterprise rent handicap vans
- Pampers size 3 jumbo pack
- Las vegas drive through lights
- Primary care physician sherman oaks
Find a Dealer
Need your product faster? Visit your local dealer for expert installation and superior service
Rugged Liner's E-series hard folding cover features panels manufactured with aluminum skins and solid cores to provide strength and durability in tough conditions. E-Series Hard Folding Covers also have an overlapping cab dust seal to provide the best protection against water intrusion.
The economical E-Series Hard Folding Cover comes completely assembled in the box and can be installed in ten minutes or less for a quick and easy installation.
California Residents: Prop 65
- Resilient panels manufactured with aluminum skins and solid cores.
- Easy on or off installation within minutes.
- Easy to use rear latches.
- Overlapping cab with dual seal.
- Dual hinge seals.
Please feel free to make use of the E-Series Hard Folding Truck Bed Cover installation instructions below to assist you with the installation. For product specific installation instructions you can visit our Resource Library. Upon purchase you will also receive vehicle specific instructions.
If you have further questions or need technical assistance please call one of our knowledgeable installation experts at 1-800-433-3604 or send us a message and we will be happy to assist you.
The E-Series Hard Folding Truck Bed Cover has a 3 Year Limited Warranty. This warranty is to the original owner and is non-transferable. Rugged Liner makes every effort to assure that its products meet high quality and durability standards to the original retail consumer/purchaser of our products that each product be free from defects in materials and workmanship.
Drive with the cover in the open or closed position
Completely assembled in the box – no loose parts
Tri-Fold panel design is manufactured with aluminum skins and solid cores.
Excellent customer service
My product was delivered on time and fix my truck perfectly
Excellent cover at great a price. Super easy to install. Keeps cargo secure and out of the weather. Highly recommend this cover.
This cover is everything advertised. Good value, fits well and easy to install. Very pleased with purchase.
For the price it does the job.
Cover arrived a few days early, assembled, and installed in about 20 minutes without any tools. Fits perfectly and doesn't leak a bit, sturdy and quality made. Best price I could find anywhere.
Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover
Great addition to our F-150. No leaks, tight cover. Looks great!
Really nice cover.
A good inexpensive cover. Easy to install w/o tools. It has held up well so far. The only down side is that the back clamps hit into the cover top when folding it forward.
Extremely easy to install and uninstall. Only took about a minute from in box to on truck. Seals great. Looks pretty good too
Very happy with the cover - looks great and was a cinch to install. It is very water tight so everything in a good to go for me. My only issue was the amount of time it took for delivery. I'm not sure exactly why but I had to contact the company twice about it and finally was able to receive it. The people involved were awesome and they got right on it but it still took a long time - good thing I ...wasn't in a hurry. It seemed like a good price and I won't know of the quality until we see how long it lasts - appears to be pretty good tho. Overall, very happy.Read More
2018 Ford F150Tonneau Covers
If you owned a car, would you leave the trunk open all the time? Of course not. A tonneau cover, also known as a truck bed cover, provides increased security and weather protection for your gear and cargo, giving you the peace of mind necessary to leave items in the bed while you’re away from your truck. At RealTruck.com, our expert sales staff has hands-on training with all the most popular truck bed covers, and we’re ready to use that training to help you pick the perfect cover for your truck bed.
Types of Tonneau Covers
Lightweight, affordable, and easy to install, soft folding truck bed covers can be found on thousands of trucks. Most tonneau covers of this design only use hand-tightened clamps to attach to your bed. This results in a tool-free installation that can be done in minutes. They can fold up for 2/3 bed access when you’re hauling large cargo or can be quickly removed for true 100 percent bed access.
Bed cover 2018 f150 hard
We got up and went into the second room. I entered the first, in the room, besides the sofa, there was a small table and a wardrobe, apparently here he was resting between. Lessons. Fizruk came up from behind, took my boobs in his strong hands and began to knead them.TOP 5 Ford F150 Truck Bedcovers Tri-Fold \u0026 Retractable Akins Wild Willies
Now I can't really shit, I really can't piss. Go sonny to work. But do not forget about the evening.
- Discarded things movie amazon prime
- What happened to soundcloud pro
- Eczema honey miracle healing cream
- Bounty hunter games xbox one
- Super mario one up mushroom
- 2020 vw jetta owners manual
- Irish mob oklahoma latest news
- The bucket list family wiki
- Mayo clinic breast cancer symptoms
- Audi tdi quattro for sale
I must go take a piss. Oh, how lazy. But he went, at the same time washed his face and fell. Shouldn't I jerk off once. - This thought has been making its way in my still sleepy mind for a long time.