How to Use an Old Company File With a New Version of QuickBooks
Newer versions of QuickBooks provide enhanced features and bug fixes over previous versions. If you have upgraded your software, you will need to update your old company files as well. QuickBooks includes a function that will do this for you. Updating your company file for use in a newer version of QuickBooks is a straightforward procedure, but you must be the admin user of QuickBooks to perform the update.
Open QuickBooks. Click "File" and then click "Open or Restore Company."
Click the "Open a company file" option, then click the "Next" button.
Browse your system files in the dialog window until you find the old QuickBooks company file. Double-click on this file to open it.
Read the information provided about updating your company file. Click the check box at the bottom of the information screen to indicate you understand that updating the file will make it unusable with previous versions of QuickBooks.
Click "Update Now." QuickBooks will prompt you to create a backup of the old file. Follow the steps to create the backup.
Click "Yes" in the message box that appears to load your company file into the new version of QuickBooks.
- Information in this article applies to QuickBooks 2013. It may vary slightly or significantly with other versions or products.
- Updating a company file will make it incompatible with older versions of QuickBooks. Always make a backup of an old company file before updating it.
Laura Gittins has been writing since 2008 and is an expert in document design. She has a Bachelor of Science in English, Professional and Technical Writing. She has written education and document design articles for eHow.
Updating (converting) company file to a newer version of QuickBooks
QB Issue Resolution:
After installing a new version of QuickBooks, you update your company data file by opening it in the new version. This process updates company files from any older version of QuickBooks to the newer one.
About updating your data file
If you never created other users and roles in QuickBooks, you are automatically the Admin user. If you see the message, “The company file needs to be updated. Please ask your QuickBooks administrator to update the file,” you are not signed in to your data file as the Admin user.
Be sure the company data file is stored on the same computer you are using to update it. You might need to copy the file from another computer, and then copy it back after you finish updating it.
To update your company data file:
- Open the new version of QuickBooks.
- Choose File > Open or Restore Company.
- Click Open a company file and then click Next.
- Browse to your data file, select it, and click Open.
- If QuickBooks displays the Move Company File window, read and follow the instructions shown there.
- Read the information in the Update Company File for New Version window, click (check) the box to show you understand, and click Update Now.
- Follow the instructions to back up your company file, and make a note of where you put it, in case you need to refer to it later.
- When the message “You are about to open a company file using a newer version of QuickBooks…Do you want to continue?” appears, click Yes.
- (Recommended) After the company file is updated:
- Store the backup you created in step 7 in a safe place until you know you will not need it again.
- If you copied the data file from another computer to update it, copy it back again.
- If you installed QuickBooks 2007 or later, the company file from your earlier version of QuickBooks may have been moved to a new folder:
- Windows 8, 7, and Vista: C:UsersPublicDocumentsIntuitQuickBooksCompany Files.
If you cannot find your data file in its original location, and if it is not in the specified folder, search your hard drive for *.qbw files and try to find it that way. Be sure to include hidden files and folders in your search criteria
If you are using QuickBooks Pro 2017 or any version older than the year then you seriously should start considering for “QuickBooks Pro Upgrade“. As QuickBooks Pro 2018 is finally here, thus QuickBooks upgrade will help you fix many bugs.
For many years, QuickBooks has been improving the updating process of software so that you can get all your important company files and data saved and protected without any hassle. Whenever you install any update or upgrade, the software always asks you to update or upgrade your data files first.Warning:Don’t forget to take the backup of your data or information. This will help you in saving your data and information.
QuickBooks Pro update/upgrade should be done by following all the steps. If the process is not followed in the same sequence or the upgrade process is interrupted then you may end up your company files. This may also lead your software into various problems or will cause so many errors and you might not be able to use your software again.
QuickBooks Pro Upgrade to 2018:
Since now that you have read the warning, here is the download link available. Click on the link and get your software upgraded to 2018.
Upgrade QuickBooks to 2018
QuickBooks Pro upgrade 2018 has set another level of accounting with new & vast features and very much improved business management tools so that you track and analyze your annual sales and manage report.
- All new & customized navigation panel and very much improved design to provide better readability.
- Simplified and new design to make it easy to find and perform actions.
- Versatility has also been increased due to Add-on apps.
- Newly customized contact information.
You need to follow certain steps to get your QuickBooks Pro upgrade to 2018. It helps you in completing all standard accounting works such as developing expenses and income analysis & reports, invoices and estimates, print check, auto sign-in. QuickBooks is now enabled with various modes of payments. Now, you can accept payment by phone, by credit cards or you can also accept electronically record checks. This will help you in minimizing daily visits to banks for withdrawal and deposits of cash from/to banks. QuickBooks 2018 now includes all features for small & medium businesses and specifically industry designed tools also. It is now capable enough to track sales and back orders.
There are Two Ways by which you can Update your QuickBooks.
If you need to do QuickBooks pro upgrade manually, then here is what you will need to do:
- In a manual update, you can download it from the Internet.
- You can also download from within QuickBooks Desktop.
Download Update from the Internet?
- Open the Web Page of the Latest Release.
- Make sure that you select the product. If you haven’t selected the product. Select the desired product.
- Once you select the product, click on Update.
- The update file that you have downloaded. Save it on the desktop
- Double click the installation file once you finish the download
There are two ways manual updates across your network can be installed:
- You can access the installation file on your PC through another PC.
- You can copy and paste the installation file from one PC to another PC via USB/Flash Drive.
How to do QuickBooks Pro Upgrade from within QuickBooks:
- Go to File Menu and select log off or close company (if multiple files are open in QuickBooks, you have to close all the files one by one)
- Click on File to Exit from it.
- Now, select QuickBooks Update from Menu
- Go to options.
- Mark All button and select on Save and then click on Update Now.
- Now, Click the Get Updates button.
- Open QuickBooks. If the message to update your QuickBooks still appears, select Yes.
- Restart your PC after completing the installation.
- Open your QuickBooks Help menu and click on Update QuickBooks.
- Now Click on Update now.
- Now, mark in a box which is labeled as Reset Update so that all previous download updates can be erased.
- Note: the amount of time that is required will be increased. Now, click on Get Updates.
- The latest version will be download and all you need is to restart your QuickBooks for the update.
- When restarting QuickBooks, accept the option to install the new release.
Automatic QuickBooks Pro upgrade:
- Click on Update QuickBooks in the Help option.
- Go to the option in QuickBooks options.
- Mark radio button to yes to turn on automatic update.
QuickBooks Pro 2017 Download and Update:
QuickBooks Pro 2017 is a perfectly designed software that is based on market analysis. This software is capable of handling all your accounting and transaction needs. It comes up with various functions and features so that your payroll, accounting, inventory, and payments related issues can be easily handled.
It allows you to accommodate up to 5 users at the same time. Data file size of up to 150-200 MB is supported in it. QuickBooks Pro, in general, provides services to small scale firms and enterprises.
These are the certain key features of the QuickBooks that makes your accounting experience much improved then its previous versions.
- Automated Reports: Automated reports allow you to keep a check that all the reports are on time and are highly accurate, which is based on the data that you have provided. All you need to do is schedule your task and it will automatically generate and email your report.
- Smart Search: Smart Search is a very much personalized feature that assists you in searching names, transaction account numbers and amounts quickly.
- Reports Filters: Now, Reports filters are easily approachable and it can be applied through multiple reports and you can view it on the screen.
- Bill Tracker: With QuickBooks pro upgrade you will be able to maintain the status of bills, print and close the purchase orders and many more. These features make managing payables easier.
- Manage Forms: Manage forms in just a single step — now, you can enqueue your send form in just a single click.
- Advanced Reporting: The new Advanced reporting tool includes “this year to last month”
- Get the Full Picture of Your Business Performance: Now you can keep check on your income &expenses, profit & loss and top customers very instantly on this Homepage.
- Download Transactions: Now, you can download credit card and bank transactions directly on your QuickBooks.
Intuit provides all the information related to your QuickBooks 2017. You can buy CD of QuickBooks 2017 from the store or you can download QuickBooks from website also. Intuit also provide all the update information. Whereas, there can be some of the issue or need of information, that you need. You can contact us through various channels. Visit our website and find out our support channels, which is always there to assist you.
We have already mentioned the steps that will help you in selecting the automatic and manual download and all required information.
Minimum System Requirements QuickBooks Pro Download and Update/Upgrade
Before that, you need to keep in mind minimum system requirements to avoid any obstruction while downloading or updating. Your software should be in-tune with your Operating System in order to avoid complications.
- Operating System: Windows 10 (32 bit &64 bit), Update 1of Windows 8.1, Windows 7 (Service Pack 1)
- Disk Space: recommended is 2.5 GB you may require some more space for company files
- Processor: 4 GHz
- RAM: 4 GB is minimum requirement and 8 GB is recommended
- CD: DVD ROM drive 4x
Along with that, you need to have a stable internet connection to stop any obstruction while performing the task. It is recommended that you register yourself properly and get yourself subscribed properly with QuickBooks.
QuickBooks Pro 2016 Download and Update/Upgrade:
QuickBooks 2016 PRO software is specifically designed with so many high-end features that guarantees its superiority over other software that helps the user to stand on top of game and you can manage your transactions very swiftly.
- You can manage your Sales Report and Invoices.
- You can easily access QuickBooks through cloud services so that the admin user and other users can receive updated report.
What are the Technical Specifications that you need to keep in mind before downloading or updating QuickBooks 2016.
- Windows 8.1 (32/64 bits), Windows 7 and Windows Vista, Windows 2008 (Small Business Server), Windows Server 2003 (32/64-bits) Service Pack 2, Windows 2008 Service Pack 1, Windows Server R22012, Windows 2011 (Small Business Server)
- Processor Speed – minimum 2.4 GHz
- RAM – recommended is 4 GB
- Hard Disk – empty space of 2.5 GB
Salient Features of QuickBooks Pro 2016
QuickBooks Pro 2016 came up with some of the highly advanced features. These features always ensured to make our handling with the software become easy and user-friendly. Here are some of the impeccable features loaded in this version of QuickBooks:
- Now, you easily manage and track all the incurred bills and data in just one platform. Furthermore, you can keep check on all the inflow and outflow of your money along with all head to toe details on what you have to payand what people owe you.
- Now, you can keep check on the money of all the products and services which are sold instantly. You can send the invoices along with the link and then you can make payment via transferring through banks or online payment through credit/debit card via QuickBooks Pro Upgrade.
- You can keep check on all your business reminders from single screen user to by organizing it with QuickBooks Pro 2016.
- Now, you have a benefit that you can run a fiscal report from later year to the previous month.
QuickBooks Pro 2011 r14 Download and Update
Intuit had launched the QuickBooks 2011 R14 update. This is a US version of QuickBooks. It is, now, available in manual update on the support website of Intuit. It is not available in automatic update.
Here’s what you should know about QuickBooks Pro 2011 r14
- Then, with this new and improved version of QuickBooks Pro 2011 r14, it would no longer display “Exception thrown in destructor” error message whenever you try to set up any online banking accounts.
- If you try to Install this version after QuickBooks 2014 installation on the same computer. It will no longer cause instability to any of the program.”
- Then, Attached Documents of Access points for QuickBooks are removed. This particular service is now removed for 2011 users in May
- Duplicate text would not be added to invoices that are sent via e-mail using Intuit Payment Network.
- The issue is not fixed that stopped QuickBooks from exporting payroll reports completely to Excel if any error is found in any of the cell.
- Sync Manager is now updated to latest current version.
There are various other changes you should keep in mind about:
- QuickBooks freezing or hanging issue is then fixed if you are using Internet Explorer 9 when QuickBooks tries to open any of the web page internally.
- No incorrect properties will now be seen for Medicare once you export payroll reports to Excel.
Intuit provide services and information of current available version of QuickBooks Pro and two chronologically previous versions of QuickBooks pro, I.e. QuickBooks 2017 and QuickBooks 2016. Thus if you are looking for help and want to do QuickBooks pro upgrade to the latest version then get the technical support from us.
You can contact us through various channels. We have made our services available to you through our Website, visit our website and you will get anytime solution and information related to any of the topic on QuickBooks. Our QuickBooks Live Chat Support feature is also flashing on our website.
Avail yourself of that facility of ours and get instant resolutions of errors and information on QuickBooks. You can also connect with QuickBooks support through our Toll-Free Numberand get all your issues resolved on call. We also provide our services through E-mail. E-mailus with what problem you are facing or if you are seeking for any information and our team will revert you all possible information.
Reach for anything related to QuickBooks pro:
|QuickBooks Pro 2015 Upgrade Download||Can I Upgrade QuickBooks Pro To Premier|
|Quickbooks Pro 2014 Upgrade Download||Quickbooks Pro Mac Upgrade|
|Quickbooks Pro 2013 Upgrade Download||Quickbooks Pro Manual Update|
|Quickbooks Pro 2012 Upgrade Download||Quickbooks Pro Mac Update|
|Upgrade QuickBooks Pro 2014 to 2016||Quickbooks Pro 2012 Major Upgrade|
|Quickbooks Pro 2013 Update Download||Quickbooks Pro Update Server Not Responding|
|Quickbooks Pro 2015 Update Download||Quickbooks Pro Payroll Update|
|Quickbooks Pro 2014 Update Download||Quickbooks Pro 2013 Update Server Not Responding|
|Quickbooks Pro Update Error 15215||Quickbooks Pro 2012 Update Server Not Responding|
|QuickBooks Pro Upgrade To Enterprise||Quickbooks Pro 2011 Update Server Not Responding|
|Quickbooks Pro 2013 Update Error 15215||Quickbooks Pro Upgrade To 2015|
|Quickbooks Pro 2009 Update Error 12007||Quickbooks Pro Update Tax Table|
|Quickbooks Pro 2015 Upgrade From 2012||Quickbooks Pro 2014 Upgrade To 2015|
|Quickbooks Pro 2015 Upgrade From 2010||Quickbooks Pro 2013 Upgrade To 2016|
|Quickbooks Pro 2016 Free Upgrade||Quickbooks Pro 2011 Upgrade To 2015|
Each year Intuit releases various updates to QuickBooks products that can easily be downloaded from their official website.
Want to upgrade QuickBooks Enterprise or any other Desktop product to 2021? Don’t worry as here in this article, we will explain how to update QuickBooks to the latest version on both, Desktop and Mac. Even if you are using an older version like 2018, 2019, or 2020, just follow the steps mentioned here. Go through the article to understand the steps to update QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release 2021, and there are many more features and methods mentioned. For any suggestion or help contact our QuickBooks ProAdvisor toll-free: +1-818-295-3510
These updates are also called maintenance releases or patches that include all the changes from earlier updates. These updates improve QuickBook’s performance and also fix the known issues automatically. All updates are free for product releases.
Do not be confused with upgrades, as the upgrade adds significant new features or functions to the program and should only be purchased as a CD-ROM.
There are two ways to update QuickBooks Desktop to 2021 – either automatically or manually. In this article, we will explain both as well as how to check to see if you have the latest release. But first, let us learn why should you always update and upgrade your software to the latest releases and versions.
Why to update to latest Released Version of QuickBooks
Let us see what benefits you get by updating your QB to thelatest released version.
Advanced User Management Feature: Manage the user’s roles, and permissions according to your need, and can restrict the users to do a particular activity. QuickBooks also allows you for the operation payroll section for the selected employees, those who are from a group.
RFA Enhancement: Now you are allowed to send requests to QuickBooks for the second admin.
Bug Fixes: Fixed the data level permission issue in 3 situations:
- When a QB user not able to create transactions for unpermitted customers from Batch Enter transactions because of the customer name typing.
- When report filter for (>=1) or (=) shows incorrect.
- When a vendor groups with a credit balance greater than 0, and showed incorrect results.
Tax 1099 NEC and MISC: Now QuickBooks support with the 1099 MISC, and 1099 NEC and to print, and E-Filing. Not only that, but also allows the third-party applications to use the software developer kit for the e-filing.
Improvements in Online Banking: Save the customization of columns, and create rules for both running money out transactions, and money in transactions. Assign a customer in QuickBooks, job to their expenses, in their banking transaction table.
Inventory Aging Report: The inventory aging report informs you of the value, quality, age, and acquisition of the stocks. By which you can make sure about the details of the stock product.
Steps to see if you have the latest release version
- Open QuickBooks Desktop.
- Press F2 (or Ctrl+1) to open the Product Information window.
- Check your current version and release.
Steps to Update your QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise, Pro & Premier
There are four methods to download the update from the internet and every method needs a good speed internet connection. All three methods are given below:
- Automatic Update Method (default setting)
- On-Demand (Immediate) Update Method
- Release Download
- Manual Update
Once the latest update is downloaded, QuickBooks automatically install all the important files to the desired location on your computer.
After downloading all the updates, QuickBooks automatically prompt notifications to install the update, the next time whenever you will restart your QuickBooks.
Sometimes you have to close your Quickbooks and then restart it again before the update will take effect. Remember this, you must install the update on each computer, If you use QuickBooks Pro or Premier in multi-user mode.
Automatic Update Method
With this process, QuickBooks Automatically checks the Intuit server for new updates. And it will download the updates when you are not using(working) your internet.
There is a default setting on QuickBooks, whether the software is running or not on your system, it will automatically download updates from the Intuit server. You can disable the automatic update option if you don’t want to update your software, otherwise, it continues to download updates automatically.
How to enable or disable the Automatic Update option:
- From the Help menu, click on Update QuickBooks.
- Now Click on the options tab In the Update QuickBooks window.
- Select the option you want to choose. Yes to enable or No to disable the Automatic Update option.
- Choose the update you want to receive and remove the updates from the update section that you don’t want to update If you want to enable the Automatic Update option.
- But If you disabled the option then you will not receive any notification even if there is any update are available on the Intuit server. But from time to time, you will receive a message asking if you would like to use the Update Service. Note that This is only a reminder to inform you to check for updates, it and does not mean that an update is available.
- Now Click on Save and then Close.
If the above method is not working and you still facing the problem with the automatic update. Apply the next process given below: “Immediate Update Method”. If you are still unable to download an update, then please contact our QuickBooks Support team to get immediate help.
Immediate Update Method
The best part of this method is, you can download the update from the Intuit server immediately on your computer. It doesn’t matter that your QuickBooks is running in your system or close. You can use this option at any time and immediately download the updates even if Automatic Update is enabled in your software. Remember that It is important to check for updates approximately once a month.
How to check for and install updates to QuickBooks
- From the Help menu, click on Update QuickBooks.
- Then click on the Update Now tab.
- Now choose the updates you need to download and click on Get Updates. You can also check what is included in the update from the Updates column. Click on the Maintenance Releases link. Now you can see a page is displayed that have listed the changes/improvements in the update
- Now close your QuickBooks. The next time when you will restart your software it will prompt you to install the update now or later. It depends on the version you have. When you see the message (prompt), click Install Now or Yes to install the update. After complete installation, restart your computer
Important: If you want to install Maintenance releases then close and reopen your QuickBooks. A prompt will comes on the screen then you have to click on install now. Remember that, Maintenance releases cannot be installed automatically.
Note: It is important to reinstall all the applicable updates in the order they are released. If you ever need to reinstall your QuickBooks. If you did not do this then QuickBooks will not able to open company files.
If you are facing a problem with the update feature or If you do not want to install updates using the update feature, you can download and install available updates.
It is strongly recommended that you must use the update feature to install QuickBooks Updates. Make sure to update all copies if you are using multiple copies of QuickBooks. If you did not do this you may have faced some problem opening your company file or may be completely unable to open your company file.
Download Updates for Multi-User Mode in QuickBooks Pro and QuickBooks Premier
If you are using QuickBooks Pro or Premier in multi-user mode, you have to install the update on each computer you are using. You can connect all your systems to the Internet and download the updates and install or you can download the update on one computer on your network and share it.
To sharing the updates the users need must complete the given process:
- Open the shared company file.
- From the Help menu, click on Update QuickBooks.
- Now go to the Options tab and click on it.
- Set the Share Download option to Yes.
- Click on the Save button.
After applying all these given steps, downloaded updates will be distributed to all computers.
Note: QuickBooks Download updates to the location where your company files are located. After you turn on the Share option. Otherwise, it downloads updates to the directory or folder where the copy of QuickBooks is installed. Now Install new releases updates for your QuickBooks company file.
Never forget that once the company file has been updated, it may not be accessible using earlier releases of QuickBooks
How to upgrade new QuickBooks Desktop
- Click on your new version of QuickBooks Desktop.
- Go to the File menu, then select open or restore the company.
- Click on Company file then Next.
- Highlight your data file then select Open.
Note: if you Move Company File window appears, follow the instructions shown.
- Read the data in the Update Company file for New version. Check the box to signify you understand, then Update Now.
- Follow the instructions on how to make a backup of the files
Note: where you save your file.
- Once you update your company file to open the newer version of QuickBooks … Do you want to continue? Appears, select Yes.
Steps For Manual Update
Follow the below if you want to do a manual update.
- First, you need to download the latest version, and later quit all the company files and QuickBooks.
- Now, go to the Windows Start menu and look for the QuickBooks Desktop, on QB Desktop give a right-click and choose the Run as administrator.
- Now, on the No Company Open screen, click on the Help menu and click on the Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- On the Options tab. Click on Mark All and later choose Save.
- Next, click on the Update Now tab and click on the Reset Update checkbox.
- Click on the Get Updates, when you are ready for the update.
Update QuickBooks Desktop for Mac
- Hover over the dropdown menu ▼ & click on select Check for QuickBooks Updates.
- If you find a newer version, click install & update.
- You might get an alert for Selecting install & relaunch.
- After the update is finished, QuickBooks for Mac automatically launches.
- First of all you need to uninstall the older version & reinstall the newer verion.
- To reintsall the latest version, Go to QuickBooks Product Updates.
- Select the desktop version & download the installer file to your pc.
- Double-click the downloaded .dmg file & drag the QuickBooks Desktop icon to the Applications folder to install.
That’s all in this article, hope you find it useful. For any technical help & support, dial our toll-free number +1-818-295-3510.
2017 to upgrade 2015 quickbooks
If you are using any older version of the program be it QuickBooks 2013, 2014 or 2015, then you will be on an immediate need to “upgrade QuickBooks 2015 to 2018“. Do this at your earliest otherwise your data may face a greater risk. QuickBooks 2018 is well furnished with new highlights and there has been a lot of improvements done over the older versions of the program. Aside from various little changes, there is one little feature upgrade that really stands out among others and that includes QuickBooks ‘Request Fulfillment feature’. This cool little advancement you can find under inventory highlights and is changing the way you track your inventory and order fulfillment.
News from Intuit: Upgrade QuickBooks 2015 to 2018
QuickBooks has recently made an announcement that they will be retiring any previous version of QuickBooks and bringing QuickBooks 2018 into effect. QuickBooks 2015 will be expired on May 31, 2018, and any support will not be accepted by intuit. Thus if your financial data is still on the older version of your accounting program then you need to act fast.
QuickBooks is not a standalone program but they are very industry specific and to cater the needs of every industry they have come up with various versions. This means that if you are using QuickBooks Desktop, pro, premier, enterprise or POS earlier than 2015 then you are required to upgrade QuickBooks 2015 to 2018.
This means that if you are using any of the below given programs then upgrade is mandatory. If this is not done then your functioning with the software will be a lot difficult.
- Upgrade QuickBooks Desktop 2015 to 2018.
- Upgrade QuickBooks pro 2015 to 2018.
- Upgrade QuickBooks premier 2015 to 2018.
- Upgrade QuickBooks Enterprise 2015 to 2018.
- Upgrade QuickBooks POS 2015 to 2018.
How to Upgrade QuickBooks 2015 to 2018:
Before stepping ahead and do the upgrade or QuickBooks update yourself, please bear in mind that it is not easy. It is not like a click of a button thing that you will press and the upgrade will start to happen in your system.
Total Time:35 minutes
🔹 You should have admin access to get your software upgraded
🔹 Click on the Help menu
🔹 Select Upgrade QuickBooks
🔹 Select the Version to which you want to upgrade the software.
🔹 Choose ‘Reset Update’. Then select Get Updates button.
🔹 Wait for the files to download. Click on Install Now.
🔹 Once the program is installed, launch the new version of QuickBooks.
Do not, I repeat do not ever upgrade your QuickBooks program over a network. The reason we say so is that this will make your company file conversion highly unstable. In the worst scenario, you may even end up damaging your company files.
Please make sure that you migrate every possible piece of your company file to the newer version and validate those files as well. The reason we stress this so much is because if anything left un-migrated then nothing will work, nor in QuickBooks newer version and nor on the previous version. If you go by this method then you will put yourself under a greater risk of losing your every piece of financial data. The reason we say this is because it involves a lot other intricacies that may not sound at all easy.
System Requirements to Upgrade QuickBooks 2015 to 2018 that need to be fulfilled:
The operating system needed:
- Windows 10, Your system has to be a 64-bit system, if this is so then your system should work perfectly fine.
- Windows 8.1 (Update 1) This will work fine if you are using 64-bit system without a network.
- Windows 7 SP1
- Windows Ser. 2016
- Windows Ser. R2 for 2012
- Windows Ser. SP1 for 2009
- Windows Ser. R2 SP1 for 2008.
Since it is already said that QuickBooks is a little difficult to update and migrate if you do it all by yourself. Thus it is always suggested that you take the help from QuickBooks support professionals and get your QuickBooks update done all with ease.
Askforaccounting.com is a QuickBooks consultancy firm that is primarily focused on having easy QuickBooks update. Our professional’s proadvisor have years of experience in dealing with QuickBooks related issues. With QuickBooks Updates being our forte we have helped businesses using QuickBooks with successfully upgrading the software and we are proud to say that these very clients are still working with us, happily.
Support Services for QuickBooks 2014 Is No Longer Available
Intuit has finally said goodbye to ‘QuickBooks 2014’, that means from now on you’ll not able to use support facilities regarding QuickBooks 2014 Pro, Premier, Enterprise and Mac. So, if you are an existing user of QuickBooks 2014 software series, upgrade QuickBooks from 2014 to 2017 and 2020 then must think of upgrading QuickBooks 2014 to 2017. But, keep in mind only support facility is not available but QB 2014 software will continue to work.
Backup your company file before upgrading QuickBooks 2014 to 2017
- In QuickBooks Desktop 2014
- Click on the File menu option
- Further, select the option Backup Company
- After that, choose to Create Local Backup option
- In the window opens up, select Local Backup and then click on Options
- You have to Browse and select the location where you want to save your backup files
- Click on the OK button when you are ready for backup
- Hit on the button Save it now and then click Next
- After backup, you get notified of a successful backup.
Upgrade QuickBooks from 2014 to 2017
Though, additional services of Intuit like online banking or payroll will not be available. So, to enjoy the additional features and support facility of QuickBooks you need to upgrade QuickBooks to the latest version. Besides, the facility of live technical support will also not be offered by Intuit. Even, they will not ensure that you can recover key codes or can index products. However, you can download old products but any sort of replacement related to CD or manuals are not possible. Further, after the expiration of the QB 2014 online backup facility and online payment receiving/sending will not be possible. In the case of using QuickBooks 2014, you and your employees will not be able to use the ViewMyPaycheck feature.
Upgrade QuickBooks 2014 to 2017
- Close company files and then QuickBooks
- Go to the QuickBooks icon that is on your Desktop or in the Start menu
- Then right-click on it and choose the option Run as Administrator
- After opening QuickBooks Desktop, click on the Help menu
- Then choose option Update QuickBooks Desktop
- In the Options tab, tick mark checkbox as Mark All
- After that, click on the Save button
- Click on the tab Update Now
- Then select the Reset Update box
- When done click on Get Update to install it.
Upgrade your Company file
- First of all log out of your company files in QuickBooks and if using Multi-use then asked the user to close it and won’t open it until you are done with upgrading
- Open the QuickBooks Desktop 2017
- Click on Open or Restore Company
- If no company file open then click on the File menu
- Then select the Open or Restore Company
- Click on the option Open a company file
- Further, click on the Next button
- Search for company file then select it
- Hit on Open button to open the file
- Sign in as Admin if asked
- Now before the upgrade, the QuickBooks automatically creates the backup
- Choose the location to save this backup file done by QuickBooks
- Click on Update Now to update the company file
- When the process is done click on the Done button
- You are done with upgrading the company file.
Further,in case you’ll not upgrade your QuickBooks version then you are not able to use features of online banking like downloading transactions, send or receive payments through internet and much more. Plus, it will show various kinds of error messages at times of attempting online banking facilities. Besides, there are various other facilities that you can’t use with QuickBooks 2014 like no longer access of QuickBooks merchant services, customer profiles will no longer available, ACFT services will be restricted, contribute as well as access new report feature will also be deleted and much more.
So, whether you are using QuickBooks Pro 2014, QuickBooks Premier 2014, QuickBooks Accountant 2014, QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 2014 and QuickBooks for Mac 2014, above mentioned restrictions applies on every product belongs to QuickBooks 2014 session. Therefore, if you want to enjoy all the prime benefits of QuickBooks and live technical assistance, then better to upgrade QuickBooks 2014 to 2017 or to a latest version.
Right time to ‘Upgrade’ – Go Ahead
If you are using QuickBooks 2014 then ‘This would be the best time to upgrade’. However, before upgrading certain points you need to think about. Like what features you are looking for? Explore features of QuickBooks version in which you want to upgrade. Analysis their system requirements and best way to upgrade QuickBooks.
Upgrade QuickBooks 2014 to 2017:
If you are thinking to upgrade QuickBooks 2014 to 2017, here are the features you’ll get with this software:
To make the bookkeeping tasks much easier and comfortable additional features were added like arrange and schedule modified reports through which can save huge time, upgrade QuickBooks from 2014 to 2017 and 2020 remind you about pending funds, tracking is simpler as removed user names still appear in audit reports but with marked as deleted, highly secure to use as embedded with multi-factor authentication, with presence of great filtration system search information like vendor and customer type quite rapidlyand much more.
Plus, when you upgrade QuickBooks 2014 to 2017, you can also enjoy all add-on services of Intuit along with live technical support facility. So, upgrading QuickBooks is the ultimate option.
If you unable to Upgrade 2014 to 2017 Call us + contact even you can reach QuickBooks .
What new enhancements do we get after upgrading QuickBooks from the 2014 to 2017 version?
As we already know that the Intuit has discontinued the 2014 version and we won’t get any support service for QuickBooks 2014 Pro, Premier, and other products. To make the bookkeeping and accounting activities easier, Intuit has improved its product by offering some new amazing features in QuickBooks 2017 version:
1. Possess facility to remind the use of pending bills
2. There is a great filtration system while looking for vendor and customer type
3. A new version has the ability to organize and schedule modified reports which save users time and energy as well
4. There is a high secured embedded and multi-factor authentication facility.
What are the steps I need to follow to upgrade QuickBooks from 2014 to 2017?
The steps involved in upgrading QuickBooks older version to newer are pretty easy to perform:
1. First, download QuickBooks 2017 version in the beginning of the upgrade process
2. Next, save the downloaded file somewhere in a safe location
3. After completing the download of 2017 version then need to install it
4. To do so, you have to go to the location where you saved the downloaded file
5. Now, look for the .exe file and perform double-click on the same
6. And then complete the installation process by following appear wizard instructions
7. Once you successfully install the software then you’re required it to activate
8. Upgrade and integrate the QuickBooks company data into a newer version.
How do I upgrade my company data file once I am done with an upgrade QuickBooks 2014 to 2017?
Before you start the company file upgrade process, it is necessary to create a backup of the file to make sure that the data will be saved before upgrading and then let’s precede the steps:
1. Go to the File menu >> choose Back Up Company
2. Next, select the option “Create Local Backup” >> “Local Backup”
3. And then hit the “Options” button
4. Now, go to the “Tell us where to save your backup copies” field and select the “Browse” option
5. Choose the location where you save the backup copy and then hit Ok
6. Specify where to backup automatically in the Create Backup window
7. After that, select “options” to set options for an automatic backups
8. To set a backup schedule in the Schedule Backups dialog, you have select “New” tab
9. And finally, click on the Finish” tab.
You will also be interested:
- Boycott of british goods 1774
- You tube chinese love songs
- Baby bunnies for sale houston
- What is a uc headset
- Black desert online optimization 2018
- South park jewelry store episode
Converting QuickBooks Data File To Old Version Edition
Although upgrading a QuickBooks company file is as easy as pie, downgrading it can be a real headache. QuickBooks has an internal feature to upgrade any company file that the user may try to open with it; however once the file is upgraded, it cannot be downgraded using the same software. This is why, our experts highly recommend that you store a backup copy of your old company files, so that you may not have to face such issues again. Moreover get in touch with QuickBooks Support Numberfor any help Dial now toll free +1-866-497-0057.
In this article, you’ll find detailed information on how to convert a QuickBooks file to an older version.
Convert QuickBooks Company File To Old Edition QB
Data Conversion for QuickBooks
Once you’ve opened a company file using a particular version of QuickBooks, you cannot open it using an older version. For instance, a QuickBooks 2017 company file can be accessed by the 2018 version but not by the 2016 version. However, if you created a backup of the company file before upgrading it, you can import previous accounting data into the older version of this software.
You can also rely on third party service providers to get your company file downgraded. We can do the same by manually going through the data and making sure that everything is moved successfully to a downgraded company file. QuickBooks POS Support team will help you if you want to downgrade QBPOS Software .
Restore Backup of Company File in QuickBooks Desktop
A backup company file can be used to restore accounting data to the present company file. The backup file is usually compressed and much smaller in size than the original company file. QuickBooks takes the backup file (.qbb) and converts it into the company file (.qbw).
Note: Move the backup copy of the company file to the local hard drive otherwise QuickBooks will throw an error.
To restore data from a backup file, follow the steps provided below:
- Go to the File menu and click on Open or Restore Company.
- Choose Restore a Backup Copy. Hit Next.
- Click on Local Backup and then Next.
- Click on Browse, and select the backup file.
- Click on Browse, and select a folder in which you want to store the new company file.
- Review the preferences, and click on Save.
Know all about QuickBooks Tool Hub and how this tool helps the user to fix data issues and damages .
If you don’t remember the admin password for the backup file, you’ll have to rest it using a free tool provided by Intuit. If you’ve lost all credentials related to the company file of which you created the backup, then you won’t be able to restore your accounting data using the backup file.
You can also resolve employee payroll data using the backup file. However, many users have encountered errors while doing so. If all your payroll data isn’t restored, you can enter it manually into QuickBooks.
Follow the instruction if you want to Convert Old QuickBooks Company File To Latest Edition during the process of an upgrade.
Downgrade QuickBooks Subscription Plan
Although you cannot move to an older version of QuickBooks, you can at least downgrade to a less expensive version if you have purchased the subscription. However, there are many features that you won’t be able to access after downgrading your subscription plan. This is why some of the data stored using advanced features isn’t included in the downgraded version of the company file.
Features that you must consider before downgrading your subscription plan are provided below:
- Integration with other tools and accounting features
- Discounts offered with Subscription
- Inventory Tracking
- Payroll Integration
- Multi-currency support
- User and security support
If having issues while working on QB desktop edition then follow he steps mentioned by IsOpenToday team for QuickBooks Desktop To QuickBooks Online Conversion .
These features may seem minuscule at first but can throw your entire company file off balance. We recommend that if you rely on any of these features and need to continue using them in the future, then don’t change the subscription plan. We have described some of these important features in details below:
When User Need To Downgrade QuickBooks Desktop Software ?
Integration with Third Party Applications
Downgrading your plan may interfere with the functionalities of integrated applications. You can find a list of integrated applications through the “My Apps” tab in QuickBooks. These integrated applications provide additional features which QuickBooks lacks from within the accounting software.
If you use multiple currencies while recording transactions, then downgrading your plan may remove this feature from your accounting software. Basic plans of QuickBooks desktop and online don’t provide support for multiple currencies.
Do you use QuickBooks to track inventory? If yes, then downgrading may not be possible for you. If you’re switching to a plan which doesn’t support inventory tracking, then deactivate inventory items before downgrading.
Process For QuickBooks File Conversion To Older QB Version
If you want to downgrade your QuickBooks subscription, follow the steps provided below:
- From Settings, click on Accounts and Settings.
- Ensure that your payment information is up do date by selecting Billing & Subscription.
- Click on Downgrade. Select the New Plan.
- Review the features that you’ll lose by downgrading. Follow on-screen instructions.
- Click on Change Plan.
You’ve successfully downgraded your version of QuickBooks. All your data can now be accessed from a downgraded version of QuickBooks. To upgrade or make any changes to your subscription plan, you’ll have to wait at least 24 hours.
Help Downgrade QuickBooks Company File Failed
Downgrading QuickBooks also removes a lot of support features. For instance, simple start users are provided support for two accounting firms and one billable user; however advanced users are provided the same for 3 firms and 25 billable users.The lack of user support can be very frustrating, especially while you’re trying to downgrade to an older version of QuickBooks. If you need any help with the process, you can get in touch with our experts at +1-866-497-0057 (Toll Free.)