“South Side” is coming back — on another network.
In an announcement of its new and returning original content Monday, HBO Max said the second season of the locally based comedy series will premiere in November.
The series debuted in 2019 on Comedy Central and was created by Diallo Riddle, Bashir Salahuddin and Sultan Salahuddin. The move to HBO Max was announced last summer.
“South Side,” which was wildly popular among Chicagoans — particularly South Siders — followed the exploits of two friends who work for a Rent-A-Center type of business while working side hustles, and two Chicago police officers — played by Bashir Salahuddin and Chandra Russell — who have dueling approaches to their jobs on the beat.
In hilarious detail, the series displayed the nuances of South Side Chicago life including what happens when a new pair of Air Jordans are released to the public, gentrification, community policing and the lack thereof, and dangers of playing spades, among other storylines.
South Side follows two friends who are ready to take over the world, but until they do, they’re stuck working at Rent-T-Own. Shot in Chicago’s Englewood neighborhood, the show offers an authentic look into what life on the South Side is all about.
Starring: Sultan Salahuddin, Kareme Young
South Side follows two friends who are ready to take over the world, but until they do, they’re stuck working at Rent-T-Own. Shot in Chicago’s Englewood neighborhood, the show offers a look into what life on the South Side is all about.
Simon and Kareme graduate from community college, but they’re still stuck in the...
2. Sell Yourself
Uncle Spike recruits Simon and Kareme to sell erectile dysfunction pills, and Of...
3. Turner Buys a Building
Officer Turner feuds with a civil rights icon who lives in the building she just...
4. The Day the Jordans Drop
Officers Turner and Goodnight guard a store that’s selling the new Jordans, and ...
5. Cold Cases
Kareme and Quincy compete to see who can repossess more in one day, and Bluto de...
6. Mongolian Curly
Simon and Kareme crash a barbecue, and Officer Turner gets a new wig to impress ...
Officer Turner’s father asks her to compete in a spades tournament, and Simon le...
8. Weird White Murderer
Officer Turner throws herself into the search for a missing teenager, and Stacy ...
9. Mild Sauce Meatballs
Kareme propels Rent-T-Own to the next level with his tasty mild sauce meatballs,...
Simon and Kareme invest in a new cryptocurrency called Litcoin, and Officer Good...
Get Even More With HBO Max
All of HBO plus blockbuster movies, epic originals, and addictive series.
- Commodore 64 games download pack
- Man pulls train with teeth
- 2009 jeep grand cherokee reliability
- Amish oak san antonio tx
- Ps5 controller xbox game pass
South Side (TV series)
Title screen for South Side
|Created by||Diallo Riddle|
Lil Rel Howery
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||10|
|Executive producers||Michael Blieden|
Will A. Miles
|Running time||22 minutes|
|Production company||Comedy Central Productions|
|Original network||Comedy Central (season 1)|
|Original release||July 24, 2019 (2019-07-24) –|
South Side is an Americancomedy television series created by Bashir Salahuddin and Diallo Riddle. Filmed and set in the Englewood area of Chicago, it follows two friends (portrayed by Sultan Salahuddin and Kareme Young) who recently graduated from community college and are seeking business success while working at a rent-to-own shop. The show premiered on Comedy Central on July 24, 2019. In August 2019, the series was renewed for a 10-episode second season. The second season will move to HBO Max in November 2021, making the series a "Max Original".
South Side centers on
a pair of newly minted community college graduates and small-time hustlers who are always cooking up some petty scheme — from black market Viagra to street corner popcorn — with an eye toward upward mobility.
On October 17, 2017, it was announced that Comedy Central had ordered the pilot for South Side from creators Bashir Salahuddin and Diallo Riddle, writing alums from Late Night with Jimmy Fallon. The two also serve as executive producers and co-stars. On May 16, 2019, it was announced that the series would premiere on July 24, 2019.
Showrunners Salahuddin and Riddle stated that South Side was created to portray the South Side of Chicago where Bashir Salahuddin grew up and to show that "[t]here is joy on the South Side and the many Chicagoans who made this show, both in front of and behind the camera, are eager to share that joy." The show is set in Englewood and features local actors and production members from Chicago.
Sultan Salahuddin, cast in the lead role of Simon, is the brother of show creator Bashir Salahuddin. Bashir plays Officer Goodnight opposite his wife, Chandra Russell, who portrays Sergeant Turner. Sultan's co-lead, Kareme Young, is the real-life twin brother of cast member Quincy Young, who also plays his brother on the show. Other cast members and guest stars include Chicago natives Lil Rel Howery, Nathaniel “Earthquake” Stroman, LisaRaye McCoy, and Kel Mitchell.
South Side premiered on July 24, 2019. On August 28, 2019, Comedy Central renewed the series for a 10-episode second season. On August 13, 2020, it reported that the series' first season is set to be streaming on HBO Max in 2021 and the second season will moving to HBO Max in November 2021, making the series a "Max Original".
South Side received positive critical reception. The first season of the show has a score of 79/100 on review aggregator Metacritic, indicating "generally favorable reviews." Writing for Vanity Fair, Laura Bradley stated: "The writers worked to imbue the series with a diverse cast of characters whose values, socioeconomic status, and ambitions varied widely...the thing all of the show’s main characters have in common is their drive." Tambay Obenson wrote in a review for IndieWire, "The creators and cast know this world intimately, and instead of turning their camera on the usual crime and poverty, they find the humor that exists within the mayhem."
On September 4, 2019, Comedy Central and WBEZ Chicago launched South Side Stories, a podcast collaboration that celebrates the real-life people and places that inspired the scripted comedy series.
- ^Jevens, Darel (February 11, 2019). "VIDEO: Trailer shows slice-of-life humor of 'South Side,' an upcoming TV series". Chicago Sun-Times. Retrieved July 3, 2019.
- ^Ihejirika, Maudlyne (January 20, 2019). "Star of Comedy Central's 'South Side' to create film jobs for youth through nonprofit". Chicago Sun-Times. Retrieved July 3, 2019.
- ^ abPetski, Denise (August 28, 2019). "'South Side' Renewed For Season 2 By Comedy Central". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved August 28, 2019.
- ^ abSchwartz, Ryan (August 13, 2020). "The Other Two and South Side Exit Comedy Central for HBO Max". TVLine. Retrieved August 13, 2020.
- ^ abcdefghi"'South Side': TV Review". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2019-07-23.
- ^ ab"South Side – Listings". The Futon Critic. Retrieved July 23, 2019.
- ^"UPDATED: SHOWBUZZDAILY's Top 150 Wednesday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 7.24.2019". Showbuzz Daily. 2019-07-25. Archived from the original on 2019-07-25. Retrieved 2019-08-13.
- ^"UPDATED: SHOWBUZZDAILY's Top 150 Wednesday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 7.31.2019". Showbuzz Daily. 2019-08-01. Archived from the original on 2019-08-01. Retrieved 2019-08-13.
- ^"UPDATED: SHOWBUZZDAILY's Top 150 Wednesday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 8.7.2019". Showbuzz Daily. 2019-08-08. Archived from the original on 2019-08-08. Retrieved 2019-08-13.
- ^"UPDATED: SHOWBUZZDAILY's Top 150 Wednesday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 8.14.2019". Showbuzz Daily. 2019-08-15. Archived from the original on 2019-08-15. Retrieved 2019-08-19.
- ^"UPDATED: SHOWBUZZDAILY's Top 150 Wednesday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 8.21.2019". Showbuzz Daily. 2019-08-22. Archived from the original on 2019-08-22. Retrieved 2019-09-07.
- ^"UPDATED: SHOWBUZZDAILY's Top 150 Wednesday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 8.28.2019". Showbuzz Daily. 2019-08-29. Archived from the original on 2019-08-29. Retrieved 2019-09-07.
- ^"UPDATED with Broadcast: SHOWBUZZDAILY's Top 150 Wednesday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 9.4.2019". Showbuzz Daily. 2019-09-05. Archived from the original on 2019-09-05. Retrieved 2019-09-22.
- ^"UPDATED: SHOWBUZZDAILY's Top 150 Wednesday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 9.11.2019". Showbuzz Daily. 2019-09-12. Archived from the original on 2019-09-14. Retrieved 2019-09-22.
- ^ ab"UPDATED: SHOWBUZZDAILY's Top 150 Wednesday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 9.18.2019". Showbuzz Daily. 2019-09-19. Archived from the original on 2019-09-20. Retrieved 2019-10-02.
- ^Andreeva, Nellie (2017-10-17). "Comedy Central Orders 2 New Series From 'Saturday Night Live', 'Late Night' Alums". Deadline. Retrieved 2019-07-23.
- ^ abMegh Wright (2019-05-16). "Trailer: Comedy Central's Upcoming Show 'South Side'". Vulture.com. Retrieved 2019-10-02.
- ^ abStidhum, Tonja Renée. "Watch: Comedy Central's South Side Highlights the 'Hope and Love' of Chicago in Debut Trailer". The Grapevine. Retrieved 2019-07-23.
- ^D'Alessandro, Anthony (2019-02-12). "Comedy Central's 'South Side': Meet The Neighborhood – Trailer". Deadline. Retrieved 2019-07-23.
- ^ ab"Comedy Central's South Side Is a Raucous Summer Must-Watch". Vanity Fair. Retrieved 2019-07-26.
- ^Roeper, Richard (2019-07-23). "'South Side' sitcom so funny, so smart, that 10 episodes aren't enough". Chicago Sun-Times. Retrieved 2019-07-26.
- ^South Side, retrieved 2020-04-12
- ^Obenson, Tambay (2019-07-23). "'South Side' Review: Comedy Central's New Series Humanizes an Oft-Derided Community". IndieWire. Retrieved 2019-07-26.
- ^Rockett, Darcel. "WBEZ's 'South Side Stories' podcast brings attention to the lives and stories of South Siders". chicagotribune.com. Retrieved 2020-06-13.
We invited him to come closer and asked what he wants. It turned out that he would have been satisfied to lick her cunt at the very moment when she was sucking my dick. We all laughed together.
Side episodes south tv series
It almost always works, try it sometime. Anyway, try to fuck someone, not all are girls sitting. I wandered around, waited for my polyglot deffka, and then the dawn began to do something unknown.Coworkers Live to Roast Each Other - South Side
Remnants of thought still twitched in his mind about the fact that the girl would be very painful, but the smell of the Plant excited him too much, and Johnny. Reassured himself that Anna had already been caught, and that didn't mean anything. which had never happened to him before. Experiencing amazing orgasms, he screamed with pleasure, dissolving in the aroma and delicious fucking of his fresh girls.
- Hp omen 15 ce0xx specs
- Colorado springs election results 2017
- Uss enterprise ships star trek
- Yin yang dragon phoenix tattoo
- Route 1 mercedes benz
- D gray man dub cast
- Samsung galaxy a20 unlocked amazon
Same man often visits her. She has many guests, colleagues, she is my dentist, friends, etc.but his visits seemed strange to me. In the evening, asking his wife who it was, without even thinking to hide something, she said that this was a new doctor who had been transferred from.